Choose style:

Author Topic: Hi Igrasil! [Introduction]  (Read 1899 times)

~Alex~

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
Hi Igrasil! [Introduction]
« on: April 25, 2016, 05:33:36 AM »
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself (as this is the introduction board)  :P

My name is Alex, and I read visual novels and watch anime.
I found Bloody Chronicles on twitter (someone retweeted it) and instantly fell in love with the game.
I have then since donated $30 (I wish I could donate more) and am supporting the game.

I used to be interested in game design and was a hardcore programmer until I lost motivation.
Now, since I have seen the production process of BC, I once again want to start making games.

Hopefully, everyone on the forums also makes an introduction so we get to know each other better.

Also, I can't wait for the release!  ;D

矢印

• 警察庁長官 Keisatsu-chō Chōkan
  • 巡査長 Junsa-chō
  • 僕には好きだけど。あの万引き事件の仕事は仲間が必要だ!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Igrasil! [Introduction]
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 06:54:41 AM »
Hey everyone!
I used to be interested in game design and was a hardcore programmer until I lost motivation.
Now, since I have seen the production process of BC, I once again want to start making games.

Ohhh I already like you ^^ wish you best of luck with your future project and welcome at forum~!

AnthonyPython

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
    • AnthonyGames
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 08:19:16 AM »
Hey everyone!

I found Bloody Chronicles on twitter (someone retweeted it) and instantly fell in love with the game.
I have then since donated $30 (I wish I could donate more) and am supporting the game.

Hopefully, everyone on the forums also makes an introduction so we get to know each other better.

mmmh, yes hello Alex nice to meet you too.  What programming language did you use the most?
yes, quite yes, your right we should be doing more introduction's, I did mine already but Aranween had to clean the Introduce Yourself due to some spam bot. bleh spam bot's...

Sayaka

• Voice Actor
  • 警視総監 Keishi-sōkan
  • 巡査 Junsa
  • Hajimemashite Yoroshiku! <3
    • View Profile
    • Official website
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:34:38 AM »
Hello Alex! It's very nice to meet you and welcome to the official Igrasil forum.

I do hope you will start making games again should you feel inspired to do so in the near future. =) Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you around the boards!

~Alex~

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 08:39:26 AM »
mmmh, yes hello Alex nice to meet you too.  What programming language did you use the most?
yes, quite yes, your right we should be doing more introduction's, I did mine already but Aranween had to clean the Introduce Yourself due to some spam bot. bleh spam bot's...

I used to program in many different languages, but I would have to say I used python and C for robotics, and for game design mostly C# and java. I never tried making a game using python.
What language are you using for your VN?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:47:49 AM by ~Alex~ »

~Alex~

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 08:45:34 AM »

Ohhh I already like you ^^ wish you best of luck with your future project and welcome at forum~!
Hello Alex! It's very nice to meet you and welcome to the official Igrasil forum.

I do hope you will start making games again should you feel inspired to do so in the near future. =) Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you around the boards!

Thank you for the welcome everyone!  :D

AnthonyPython

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
    • AnthonyGames
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 09:00:05 AM »

I used to program in many different languages, but I would have to say I used python and C for robotics, and for game design mostly C# and java. I never tried making a game using python.

Python and with using Ren'py, Note: Igrasil is using Ren'py to create this game, which is one of the best option's for serious development for a Visual novel, how ever since it uses Python you can do things outside the normal and incorporate it in your game. there has been card game vn's, rpg vn's, there is even a demo example code pulled from pygame to work for ren'py that creates a sudo3d wolfenstein like game play. There are countless things you could use Ren'py and Python to create a 2d game, or use Pygame, but for 3D games, I'd have to say unity, or unreal, but personally I use leadwerks.

~Alex~

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 09:55:54 AM »

Python and with using Ren'py, Note: Igrasil is using Ren'py to create this game, which is one of the best option's for serious development for a Visual novel, how ever since it uses Python you can do things outside the normal and incorporate it in your game. there has been card game vn's, rpg vn's, there is even a demo example code pulled from pygame to work for ren'py that creates a sudo3d wolfenstein like game play. There are countless things you could use Ren'py and Python to create a 2d game, or use Pygame, but for 3D games, I'd have to say unity, or unreal, but personally I use leadwerks.

I have used Unity as a framework countless times, I find it great. I haven't tried Leadworks though, I might download it and check it out.
I've seen some games made using python, but for some reason, I have never heard of Ren'py. I'm going to download it as well as Leadwerks and try it.
Thanks for the suggestions!

AnthonyPython

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
    • AnthonyGames
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 10:02:34 AM »

I have used Unity as a framework countless times, I find it great. I haven't tried Leadworks though, I might download it and check it out.
I've seen some games made using python, but for some reason, I have never heard of Ren'py. I'm going to download it as well as Leadwerks and try it.
Thanks for the suggestions!

well if you're use to using unity then that's the best choice for you with 3d games, leadwerks is behind the times, doesn't even have ragdolls, and no more powerfull than unity, I use it just because I have the developer c++ code for use, and that's better than using just LUA code to create your games with leadwerks. I would rather leave the LUA code for modding the game.

• 警察庁長官 Keisatsu-chō Chōkan
  • 巡査部長 Junsa-buchō
  • Bloody Chronicles PR
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 11:33:37 AM »
Hey everyone!

Welcome to Igrasil Main Base ^^

~Alex~

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 12:35:29 PM »
Welcome to Igrasil Main Base ^^
Thank you for welcoming me!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:37:00 PM by ~Alex~ »

Victoria Wong

• Voice Actor
  • 警視総監 Keishi-sōkan
  • 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 02:48:37 PM »
Hey everyone!

Welcome Alex :D Nice to meet you ^^ I am Victoria!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 02:50:41 PM by Victoria Wong »

~Alex~

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 10:44:25 PM »
Welcome Alex :D Nice to meet you ^^ I am Victoria!

Thanks for the welcome Victoria! Nice to meet you too!

Aural4444

• 巡査 Junsa
  • I love this world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 01:45:12 PM »
My name is Laura.
Im Spanish, so it is hard to understand me sometimes, but Im trying my best. :-[
I live for anime, manga, Visual Novels, and games. 8)
Bloody Chronicle is my first pledge game in Kickstarted and it is doing pretty well. By the way, is also the first blog and I think take part in. ;) ;)
I hope we get along
 ;D

Cili

• 警視総監 Keishi-sōkan
  • 巡査 Junsa
  • VA for Aki Ishikawa
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 05:58:27 PM »
My name is Laura.
Im Spanish, so it is hard to understand me sometimes, but Im trying my best. :-[
I live for anime, manga, Visual Novels, and games. 8)
Bloody Chronicle is my first pledge game in Kickstarted and it is doing pretty well. By the way, is also the first blog and I think take part in. ;) ;)
I hope we get along
 ;D
Welcome! I'm the voice actor for Aki. =D
So glad to see that people across the world are excited for this game! ^ ^