Choose style:

Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 691 times)

Mr. Ree

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
Some suggestions
« on: April 20, 2016, 03:56:00 PM »
Hi, I stumbled across this game through this tweet: https://twitter.com/fuwan0vel/status/722798582768779264
and I gave it a try. Here are some (harsh) critics/sugestions that you might want to consider.

Visual
1. Font selection: The font you chose is not really fitting, it looks like tahoma or arial to me, but neither of them fits the theme of the game.
2. The same goes for the UI, it's too scifi'ish/modern
3. Windowed mode should be smaller
4. Characters and backgrounds are pretty good though

Writing
1. Introduction can be a little bit more impactful, the first impression is in my opinion really important
2. More details about the "Phantom" case, what makes it so special, the writing felt a little bit too fast-paced

矢印

• 警察庁長官 Keisatsu-chō Chōkan
  • 巡査長 Junsa-chō
  • 僕には好きだけど。あの万引き事件の仕事は仲間が必要だ!
    • View Profile
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 05:40:50 PM »
Hi~!
Thank you for all suggestion!

AnthonyPython

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
    • AnthonyGames
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 02:32:03 AM »
I'll extend onto this topic, found a couple writing mistakes:
at the red dragon when it says"He grabs the handle and slowly but firmly presses iit." - an extra I on it

there is a part where it reads in a line "that that" easy to miss since  it's easy to look over, still trying to re find it

I thought the voice acting was good, I really liked the voice actor that did Suzumi (she's a feisty one) too bad you all probably wont make the goal for it or that beach scene or the hot spring >.< Maybe you guys can do that later like through indiegogo or if you all sale enough and get more funds

for any future kickstarter project's, here is a great article for indie developer's, and small studio's, https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/tips-successful-kickstarter-indie-games-jacob-robinson

Also before you release and get into steam launching much here is another good article on that. https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=55375.0

hope it helps out. 8)

~Alex~

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 05:06:16 AM »
Found a spelling error in the demo, I know it isn't much but, oh well.
Not even sure if this is the right topic to post it on.

It is on the first rooftop scene said by Akito.
It should be "dog chasing its *tail*" instead of tale.

Still going through the demo to find some others.
(Great game by the way! I backed it and chose the $30 tier.)
(Can't wait for the release!)   
;D

• 巡査部長 Junsa-buchō
  • Bloody Chronicles PR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 06:56:33 AM »
at the red dragon when it says"He grabs the handle and slowly but firmly presses iit." - an extra I on it

there is a part where it reads in a line "that that" easy to miss since  it's easy to look over, still trying to re find it

I thought the voice acting was good, I really liked the voice actor that did Suzumi (she's a feisty one) too bad you all probably wont make the goal for it or that beach scene or the hot spring >.< Maybe you guys can do that later like through indiegogo or if you all sale enough and get more funds

for any future kickstarter project's, here is a great article for indie developer's, and small studio's, https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/tips-successful-kickstarter-indie-games-jacob-robinson

Also before you release and get into steam launching much here is another good article on that. https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=55375.0

hope it helps out. 8)

Thank you for kind words~! but don't lost hope its still more that 2 days and we also planning to setup store to help rise funds to reach our goals!

• 巡査部長 Junsa-buchō
  • Bloody Chronicles PR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 06:58:41 AM »
Found a spelling error in the demo, I know it isn't much but, oh well.
Not even sure if this is the right topic to post it on.

It is on the first rooftop scene said by Akito.
It should be "dog chasing its *tail*" instead of tale.

Still going through the demo to find some others.
(Great game by the way! I backed it and chose the $30 tier.)
(Can't wait for the release!)   
;D
Thank you! Yes, we was in rush with demo because of time limit so we didn't check all errors ><" gomeeene!
Thank you for support! ^^ lets do our best!!

~Alex~

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 07:48:53 AM »
Thank you! Yes, we was in rush with demo because of time limit so we didn't check all errors ><" gomeeene!

Ah, my mistake, I didn't know, sorry!!!

AnthonyPython

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
    • AnthonyGames
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 09:48:36 AM »

hope it helps out. 8)

Thank you for kind words~! but don't lost hope its still more that 2 days and we also planning to setup store to help rise funds to reach our goals!

true 55hr from now, and maybe you guys will get a rush when it hits 48 hour's, but i wouldn't get my hopes up too much. I at least hope for the beach trip, if there isn't a rush the it might just scrape past 40,000, but like you said, the store should help recover any lost funds, read about the store on kickstarter, glad you all decided to do a store :D

Tsubasa

• 巡査 Junsa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 07:10:26 AM »
This error has been bugging me a bit ^^;;;

• 巡査部長 Junsa-buchō
  • Bloody Chronicles PR
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 10:40:06 AM »
Yes, we know it. To be honest we never tested demo in QA checks ^^" but those WONT happens with official release.